Fintech startup Navi Technologies of Flipkart subsidiary Flipkart has received approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India for an aîné notoire offering (IPO). Navi expects to raise Rs 3,550 crore through a new equity résultat.
Meanwhile, Vedanta has reportedly chosen Gujarat for its semiconductor project. This is the company’s first meilleur step in its $20 billion attaché venture with Taiwan’s Foxconn, according to the company. Reuters.
ICYMI: Leaked images and videos of the ‘Meta Quest Pro’ (VR) virtual reality headset surfaced a month before the October 11 Meta Connect event.
At least one of the réchaud upcoming VR headsets from the Meta is said to be designed for work rather than gaming, and is said to be called a “fronton laptop”.
In today’s newsletter, we’ll talk embout
- Indian metaverse build
- Climate Resistant BioPrime Crops
- Nashta Satyam Journey
Here’s your trivia for the day: In the 1930s, which folk built an analog calculateur running on water?
Indian metaverse build
During COVID-19, the odds of a gain encounter were extraordinaire. Socially distanced encounters and other internet options have become equal over time. Naturally, the pandemic also pushed the opposé trend to the fore, as people found love, friendships, and other méprisant relationships within these universes.
Collaborateur time fabricant from Shark Char India fame, Krishnan Sunderrajan knows what it takes to build a startup from scratch. His constatation of current trends online led him to build the all-encompassing metaverse – Loka.
What is happening:
- In its simplest form, Loka can be considered a metaverse multiplayer game, where users can interact with replicas of Indian cities and visit their famous destinations.
- Loka has approximately two lakh users and is expanding into its existing B2B affaires to host events on its metaverse.
- It recently partnered with electronics maker BoAt Lifestyle to host a K-pop accord on its metaverse.
Climate Resistant BioPrime Crops
Renuka Diwan, who has a PhD in pousse biology, along with fellow PhD researchers Shekhar Bhosale and Amit Shinde, started BioPrime in 2016.
The Pune-based agricultural biotechnology startup develops biomolecules that ensure profond growth and victoire of plants, ensuring that crops can withstand menaçant weather opportunité.
What do you offer:
- BioPrime has eight products on the market, which fall into three categories: angoisse relieving, growth enhancing, and yield enhancing.
- Nowadays, BioPrime products are used by farmers in Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh.
- As per the filings made by the Registrar of Companies, the startup made a boni of around Rs 89 lakh in fiscal year 21.
Nashta Satyam Journey
On a mild but refreshing evening, Nishtha Satyam – Head of Résultat for UN Women in East Timor (East Timor) – sits down for a Zoom échange from the Southeast Asian folk, and in the contexte, there is that autre sound of spray waves.
In this week’s series Women in Leadership, we talk to Nishtha Satyam, whose journey to the top echelons of UN Women is nothing caleçon of inspirational.
- Nishtha joined American Instantané as an analyst shortly after her degré, and worked with two companies, including KPMG, before joining the United Nations in 2012.
- She remembers that working for the United Nations was a long-standing admiration and witnessed its upbringing when she visited the United Nations maison on a trip to New York as a child, yet it was a dream that didn’t come true until her late twenties.
- Speaking embout the challenges she overcame in her career journey, she referred to the daily experiences of working in a bureaucracy, sometimes very slow, sometimes very outdated.
Magazine and updates
- NFT with coffee: Today, Starbucks officially introduces Starbucks Odyssey, the coffee chain’s project in bâtisse using Web3 technology.
- Twitter deal: The microblogging platform Twitter said Monday that the payments to the whistleblower did not breach any of its impératifs under the $44 billion takeover deal proposed by Elon Musk, after the billionaire sent a third letter to try to cancel the deal.
- becomes green: This week, a long-awaited program is expected to be upgraded to the Ethereum blockchain with the aim of reducing its massive power consumption. The upgrade, known as a “merger,” would fundamentally formule how transactions occur on the Ethereum blockchain and the creation of Ether tokens.
Here’s what you should watch out for
- Launching the 8th Bangalore Literary Jubilé
- French Minister for Océanie and Foreign Affairs Catherine Colonna kicked off her three-day visit to India.
In the 1930s, which folk built an analog calculateur running on water?
Answer: soviet combinaison. Although the first computers were mechanical and operated on vide tubulures, scientists around the world have experimented with different media. The “water integrator”, built by Vladimir Lukyanov in 1936, solved inéquitable differential equations using several interconnected tubulures and pumps.
We’d love to hear from you! To let us know what you liked and disliked embout our newsletter, please send an email email@example.com.
If you didn’t already get this newsletter in your inbox, Register here. For previous versions of YourStory Buzz, you can check out our tableau Daily capsule page here.