Who owns the diary of a crazy old man? Who is the author of Diary of a Mad Old Man? What is the theme and main idea of A Crazy Old Man’s Diary? What is Diary of a Mad Old Man about? Diary of a Mad Old Man do you have a PDF download link? Who is Cuniçiro Tanizaki, author of Diary of a Mad Old Man? Here is the diary of a crazy old man book summary, lyrics, comments and review…
Writer: Cuniciro Tanizaki
Translator: Nili Tlabar
Original name: 瘋癲老人日記 [Fūten Rōjin Nikki]
Editor: Can stream
Number of pages: 160
What does the diary of a crazy old man say? Topic, main idea, summary
Utsugi is a 77-year-old retired businessman. His body is in unbearable pain, but he also has an irresistible desire for his fiancée, a former dancer. In Utsugi’s Diary, you will not only read the erotic fantasies of a “crazy old man” struggling for life, but also the young rages of a loving man. Diary of a Crazy Old Man is a work in which enthusiasm for life and sexual passion feed each other. Cuniçiro Tanizaki, one of the most outstanding writers of contemporary Japanese literature, was deemed worthy of the “Imperial Prize”, the most prestigious literary prize in her country, in 1949. All her life she tried to preserve the traditional Japanese ideals of beauty. In this mature novel by Tanizaki, which can be considered a contemporary representative of classic Japanese literature, you will also find the reflections of the conflict between old and new in life.
Quotes from the Diary of a Mad Old Man – Lyrics
- Can I say that I find women who hurt me more attractive?
- Since I was twenty, I have often thought of death,
- Maybe I’m just tired of living.
- … lately, I’ve been thinking about my own death every day.
- Suppose there are two women of equal attractiveness and beauty to my taste. A: benevolent, honest and sympathetic; B: a bad person, a clever liar. If you asked me what would please me the most now, I’m sure I’d prefer B these days.
- Since I no longer have a particular reason to live, I say that even if a woman like Oden appears today, I would be happy to die at her hands. At least I can taste the savage murder of this half-dead hand, rather than living with the pain of my feet.
- I think about my own death every day these days. These thoughts are not very new to me. Since the age of twenty, I have often thought about death, but these days it has become even more frequent. “Maybe I’ll die today”, I dry two or three times a day. I’m not afraid of anything; I was afraid of death, now I even like it a little. I dream of how my last minutes will be, what will happen after my death.
- I am now seventy-seven years old; Although I am not able to establish such relationships, I do not understand why I am more attracted to handsome men in women’s clothes than to beautiful girls in pants.
- “I have no intention of clinging to life…
- “I’m not afraid at all; I was afraid of death, now I even enjoy it a little.”
- “I wonder what my face will look like when I die. I wish it was plump, even a little repulsive, like it is now…”
- “Maybe especially with my pain. Can I say that I find women who hurt me more attractive?
- “I was moaning and crying involuntarily; I couldn’t be quiet even if I wanted to. Really, maybe I was crazy. Maybe that was what it was.
- I wonder what my face will look like when I die. I would like it to be full, even a little repulsive, as it is now.
- Suppose there are two women of equal attractiveness and beauty to my taste. A: benevolent, honest and sympathetic; B: a bad person, a clever liar. If you asked me what would please me the most now, I’m sure I’d prefer B these days. But in beauty, B must be at least as much as A. When it comes to beauty, I have my own tastes. A woman’s face and body shape must be perfect. It must be particularly white, with slender legs and elegant feet. Let’s say all of these features and more are equal, so I prefer the bad character. The women I admire the most are the ones with a hint of cruelty on their faces. When I see such a sign, I think he might be cruel inside, and I want it to be that way.
Review of the Diary of a Mad Old Man – Personal Comments
book/cilgin-bir-ihtiyarin-guncesi–165308 is the third book I have read by author/cuniciro-tanizaki. This is written in log form, just like the book/key–16176 I read before. Diary of a Mad Old Man is a book about Utsugi’s love for his fiancée, and of course, his erotic fantasies according to the Tanizaki tradition. Besides that, you will also find the flow of Japanese culture in daily life in the book. It is possible to come across a lot of details in terms of holy days, food cultures and relationship to art. What is that? I think that literature circulates everywhere we go. This is why Tanizaki’s pen deals with everything that belongs to the human being, there is no shame, prohibition or sin in his ink. He has a very simple but impressive handwriting. You can’t come across words from above, big big words. In fact, sometimes you can’t even find a sentence to underline in the whole book. Despite all this simplicity, it is readable. Good reading… (Emel Keles)
Father-in-law and illness: This is the second book by the author that I read after Nazlı Kar. I think that the author’s treatment of a subject considered immoral with such naivety and without embarrassment is due to the beauty of his culture and his respect. (Emotion absorbs)
We read the diary of a sick old man who wants to feel young, perhaps because he is so close to death, and therefore thinks he has a sexual and emotional desire for his wife, who is the only young woman closest to him. The fact that it is written in journal form makes the book easy to read. Although it sounds like an immoral story in terms of subject matter, it struck me as tragic for some reason. Also, I preferred “The Key”. =) (G. Principle)
Diary of a Mad Old Man do you have a PDF download link?
One of the most popular searches on the Internet for the book Cuniçiro Tanizaki – Diary of a Mad Old Man is the PDF link of Diary of a Mad Old Man. Most paid books on the internet have PDFs. However, illegally downloading and using these PDF files is both illegal and immoral. If the PDF is sold on the publisher’s site, you can download it.
Who is the author of the book Cuniciro Tanizaki?
Jun’ichirō Tanizaki was born in Tokyo in 1886. In his early stories, he was influenced by Edgar Allan Poe and the French Decades. After settling in Osaka, a more conservative area than Tokyo, she turned to pursuing traditional Japanese beauty ideals. Some of his best novels Like Nettle (1929). It reflected the change in their own values and told the story of a traditional Osaka family. In 1932, he began translating Genci’s Tale, one of the masterpieces of classical Japanese literature, into contemporary Japanese. This work had a great influence on Tanizaki’s style. In his novel Light Snowfall, published in the 1940s, he describes the contemporary world’s attacks on mainstream society in a style typical of classic Japanese literature. His Key novels were published in 1956 and Diary of a Crazy Old Man in 1961. Tanizaki, who also had a storybook titled Seven Japanese Tales and a long story titled Captain Shigemoto’s Mother, died in Yugavara City in 1965 .
Cuniciro Tanizaki Books – Works
- A cat, a man, two women
- Praise to the Shadow
- Diary of a Mad Old Man
- shunkin instrumental
- Nazli Snow
- Some like nettle
Cuniciro Tanizaki Quotes – Lyrics
- Heap Flowing Clouds! The branch of the pine (Nazli Snow)
- As we get older, we begin to think that things were better in the past. Whereas the ages of a century ago wanted to go back two centuries, those of two centuries ago wanted to go back three centuries. There was no age when people were satisfied. (Praise to the Shadow)
- The boy was heartbroken, unable to understand what was going on in the adults’ hearts and minds. (Some like nettle)
- When he heard people who didn’t know much about cat personalities say that cats were never as affectionate as dogs, but cold and selfish, he thought, “If I hadn’t lived with a alone cat all these years, I never would have realized how charming and affectionate a cat can be.” The reason people thought that way was that cats were shy animals. love to their owners nor expected love from them, on the contrary, they were very cold.A cat, a man, two women)
- As soon as they open their eyes in the morning, the first thing that comes to mind is, “What are we going to eat tonight?” had a question.shunkin instrumental)
- I am now seventy-seven years old; Although I am not able to establish such relationships, I do not understand why I am more attracted to handsome men in women’s clothes than to beautiful girls in pants. (Diary of a Mad Old Man)
- But I was raised by old-fashioned parents who believed that a woman should remain passive and not act spontaneously against a man, no matter what. I am certainly not a person without passion, but my character is based on burying this passion deep within me, never letting it out. (Key)
- Today, when I was choosing my clothes again, the day ended and I was sad for some reason (Nazli Snow)
- The old cats were as stubborn as the old ones. (A cat, a man, two women)
- Maybe I’m just tired of living. (Diary of a Mad Old Man)
- The white races have light hair, but our hair is dark; so nature taught us the rules of darkness, and ancient humans instinctively used it to turn yellow skin white. (Praise to the Shadow)
- When you spend ten years together, it’s inevitable that you’ll develop a strong bond, even if it’s chat. (A cat, a man, two women)
- I like both equally. (Key)
- “Emotions don’t change that much, even if we try.” (Noemie)
- “My heart hasn’t changed. I still love you. I just show my love differently, that’s all. (Noemie)
- Thus, the firefly lesson was different from the flower lesson. looking at flowers was like looking at a painting. looking at fireflies is a state of contemplation… it also had a childish side, reminiscent of fairy tales. Such a world should not be painted, but its music should have been made. If there was a composition that would give these feelings with koto or piano… (Nazli Snow)
- Since I was twenty, I often think about death, (Diary of a Mad Old Man)
- Looking at flowers is like looking at a painting. Looking at fireflies is a state of contemplation….. (Nazli Snow)
- Someone like me who doesn’t let others know what’s on his mind should at least talk to himself. (Key)
- when I look at this flower, I feel like it’s going to suck me in (Nazli Snow)