This content was made by a Onedio member user, It was not interfered with by Onedio’s editorial team.
You can produce content the way you want in Onedio.
06.04.2021 – 15:44
06.04.2021 – 15:44
1. Iceland is the only place in the world where you can swim between two tectonic plates.
2. In Akureyri, Iceland, the traffic lights have red hearts instead of red circles.
3. Iceland’s only native mammal is the arctic fox.
4. As a traditional Christmas present in Iceland, people give each other books as gifts.
5. Icelanders have developed an app that shows whether they are related to their partner or not.
6. In Iceland, all members of the same family can have a different surname.
7. Some Icelanders believe that elves exist and that there is an elven school in Reykjavik.
8. Iceland has a huge rock shaped like an elephant’s head.
9. The world’s first democratically elected female president was Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, elected in 1980 in Iceland.
10. There is a word in Icelandic that means ‘Ice Cream Journey’.
11. There are no McDonald’s in Iceland.
12. There are no mosquitoes in Iceland.
13. Icelandic parents often put their babies outside in the cold.
14. Parents in Iceland must choose a name for their baby from an approved list or seek approval from the names committee.
15. You can cover all of Iceland in less than 24 hours.
16. Iceland has about 130 volcanoes, of which about 30 are active.
17. The colors of the Icelandic flag symbolize the three elements of the country’s landscape.
18. Iceland’s most famous dish is the hot dog.
19. Children receive Christmas presents from 13 Yule Gentlemen.
20. From 1924 to 1984, dogs were banned as pets in Reykjavik.
21. Reykjavik is the northernmost capital in the world.
22. The mayor of Reykjavik from 2010 to 2014 was a comedian with no political training.
23. The Icelandic Parliament is the oldest parliament in the world.
24. March 1 is Icelandic Beer Day.
25. Iceland does not have a railway system.
These contents may also be of interest to you;
REACT TO THIS CONTENT WITH EMOJI!